It’s frustrating being sick. If you can’t sleep but have to rest what do you do? For the first few hours it may be fun but after that it is just boring. How do we keep the mind busy while the body rests? For a lucky few this isn’t a problem. They are able to sleep and heal. Sleep is a struggle for many of the rest of us though and those hours in bed or on the couch get very long. Whether you are a child or an adult there are lots of options though. Some you may not be able to do depending on the illness you have. Here a few ideas:
- Play games (scrabble anyone?)
- Make playlists
- Organize your iTunes Library
- Tag your Photos
- Create Photo Albums
- Make gifts (i.e. photo albums)
- Start a blog
- IM with friends
- Meal plan (look up new recipes)
- Decorate your house (there are lots of websites with software that lets you play with room layouts and colors.
- Clear out your email inbox
- Listen to a book or podcast (your library probably has lots of audio books you can listen to online)
- With another person (offline)
- Playing Cards
- tell stories
- sing songs
- On your own (offline)
- Read a book
- Listen to an audiobook (on your ipod or cd)
- Listen to music
- Write in your journal (or start one)
- Write your memoirs (why not – we’re all special!)
- Color (young or old I say coloring is therapuetic for the soul)
- Use your imagination – make up a story and imagine it being a movie
- Make a list of the places you want to vist
- Write down what you want for Christmas or your birthday
- Learn Origami
|I seek to love and enjoy life, not just for a moment but the whole journey. My mission is to help you love and enjoy life too.|
I’ve been stressed out, burned out, and hopeless and I clawed my way out of that place and now have the life I always wanted.
I see other busy women (like you) living the same busy pattern and my goal is to guide you on the path to enjoying and loving life.
Get my free 15 minute quick overwhelm relief video at http://www.LoriThayer.com.
|Disclosure: Please note that some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all resources that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. Please do not spend money unless you really need the resource and it will help you reach your goals.|