Feel Stronger By Changing Your Body Language
By: Lori Thayer
Can you actually feel stronger by changing your body language? I’m not talking about physical strength, but about emotional and mental strength. Research is indicating that holding a power pose for 2 minutes can actually change the levels of hormones in your body and make you feel stronger.
Watch the video for more details
I found this video fascinating. We’ve all heard about the “fake it til you make it” philosophy but I certainly would have thought about using it to feel stronger. Holding your body in a certain way actually changes your physiology and change the way you are perceived by others.
What are the power poses?
- Stand straight and raise your arms and hands into the air in a “V” like you are exultant.
- Stand straight and place your hands on your hips like Wonder Woman.
- When sitting in a chair put your feet up on the desk, lean back and thread your fingers together and place them behind your head.
How can you use this information?
- Hold a power pose in the morning before you start your day. You will feel more capable and ready to tackle whatever you need to do.
- Hold a power pose before a meeting you need to run or participate in.
- Hold a power pose before an important phone call you need to make.
- Hold a power pose before a performance, sports, music, or any other kind.
- Hold a power pose before going into an interview.
What have you got to lose? Try a power pose during your day today and report back about how it made you feel.
|Disclosure: Please note that some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all resources that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. Please do not spend money unless you really need the resource and it will help you reach your goals.