Feel Stronger By Changing Your Body Language
By: Lori Thayer
Can you actually feel stronger by changing your body language? I'm not talking about physical strength, but about emotional and mental strength. Research is indicating that holding a power pose for 2 minutes can actually change the levels of hormones in your body and make you feel stronger.
Watch the video for more details
I found this video fascinating. We've all heard about the "fake it til you make it" philosophy but I certainly would have thought about using it to feel stronger. Holding your body in a certain way actually changes your physiology and change the way you are perceived by others.
What are the power poses?
- Stand straight and raise your arms and hands into the air in a "V" like you are exultant.
- Stand straight and place your hands on your hips like Wonder Woman.
- When sitting in a chair put your feet up on the desk, lean back and thread your fingers together and place them behind your head.
How can you use this information?
- Hold a power pose in the morning before you start your day. You will feel more capable and ready to tackle whatever you need to do.
- Hold a power pose before a meeting you need to run or participate in.
- Hold a power pose before an important phone call you need to make.
- Hold a power pose before a performance, sports, music, or any other kind.
- Hold a power pose before going into an interview.
What have you got to lose? Try a power pose during your day today and report back about how it made you feel.
Interested in more ways to optimize your life? Receive regular tips to be more efficient, save time, enrich your life, and connect with others here: optimize your life