Personal Gift Idea For Your Spouse:
Create Your Story
By: Lori Thayer
Want to give your spouse a special gift? Why not create your story? Watch this video to hear how I did this as a Valentine's Day Gift for my husband.
What To Include When You Create Your Story
Record yourself telling stories of your time together:
- How you met
- What you thought when you met him/her
- Your first date
- Your first kiss
- Vacations you enjoyed together
- Adventures you experienced
- Your Wedding
- Special anniversaries
- Having kids
Choosing Songs To Fit Your Story
Choose music to accompany your story in a playlist
- songs that were playing when you met
- songs you danced to at a special event
- songs you played at your wedding
- music that evokes how you feel about each other
- music that fits the mood of the story
How To Create Your Story
Record the audio with a program on your computer e.g. I used Garage Band. Or use a program that takes audio notes such as Evernote.
Export the recorded audio or recording from the app you recorded it with and add it to iTunes. Create a playlist title "Our Story". Add the recorded audio to the playlist. Add the songs you want to accompany the story into the playlist. Drag them into the order you want. When you have the ordering right, add track numbers to each track to keep them in order.
Gift your spouse "your story"
- Play the playlist for your spouse OR
- Add it to their mp3 player and leave them a note to play it on their way to work
Ask your spouse to contribute recordings of their side of the same stories or add additional stories that they would like to remember.
Update your playlist every year on your anniversary with your best stories and favorite songs from the previous year.
Interested in more ways to optimize your life? Receive regular tips to be more efficient, save time, enrich your life, and connect with others here: optimize your life.
Lori Thayer is passionate about finding ways to optimize your life so you can live your best life. Don't miss a tip, optimize your life by signing up today.